As fall begins and the temperature starts to change, we often spend more time at home, taking refuge from the cold and enjoying some of our favorite comfort foods. But before the cold weather hits, it can be a good idea to prepare our homes for the upcoming season, making sure that you can enjoy your sanctuary without having any big maintenance problems.
Here are some of the things that you can do to make sure your home is ready for pumpkin carving, Thanksgiving dinner, and the smell of baked goods.
Inside the House
- Make sure you don’t have drafts. Check your doors and windows for drafts. If you find some, seal them using caulk or visit your local hardware store for something stronger.
- Get your furnace checked. An HVAC pro can check your furnace and do necessary maintenance.
- Program your thermostat. Change your thermostat settings to reflect the colder weather. If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, you might want to consider buying one. They can save you money on your energy bill.
- Keep your home safe. Make sure your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are working well and buy extra batteries.
- Do some humidifier maintenance. Change your filters and keep your humidifier clean.
Click the link below for more tips.